Okay, I might have a problem – I’m obsessed with groats. I could eat them morning, noon, and night. Think oatmeal, but like 10x better. Maybe 100x. And so good for you. It sort of defies the odds because nothing this satisfying should be this healthy.
- Improves Heart Health By Lowering Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Levels
- Contains Disease-Fighting Antioxidants
- Provides Highly Digestible Protein
- High Fiber Content Helps Improve Digestion
- Can Help Prevent Diabetes
- Doesn’t Contain Gluten and Is Non-Allergenic
- Supplies Important Vitamins and Minerals
Another huge benefit is how easy these are to make.
Simply combine all the ingredients except the peanut butter in a big bowl, put in the fridge. The next day you wake up, add a little peanut butter (and heat it up if you want – I like it hot) and voila.
My girlfriend Stephanie came over last night and she confirmed I’m not the only one with a problem. She also has been adding cacao powder to hers, which I haven’t tried yet, but it sounds divine.
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- ½ cup nut milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1- 1½ Tablespoons maple
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Himalayan salt-dash
- Banana- diced
- Take 1 cup buckwheat and place in glass bowl; pour in nut milk/maple/cinnamon/salt and hemp seeds AND mix until all ingredients are combine.
- Cover and let sit overnight in fridge.
- In morning, add Tablespoon of peanut butter, mix throughouly.
- Add in diced banana & serve!
If you like this recipe, consider pinning it on Pinterest to save for later.