This salad is an absolute crowd pleaser and it’s only 8 ingredients. I’ve made this for so many different people and every time they come back asking for more and how I made it. Truth is, it’s super easy!
All you need is your favorite type of Kale – I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dinosaur kale, aka Lacinato. Sometimes that’s all I use, but in this particular salad, I spiced things up a bit by adding some Purple and Curly Kale as well. It gives it a little more color and texture. Before I dress the salad, I massage the Kale with a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (this is key- nobody got time for rough Kale). And I top it all off with the crunchy roasted chickpea croutons. I don’t know about you but I could eat legumes all day every day.
- liquid aminos
- nutritional yeast
Kale Caesar with Chickpea CroutonsClick To Tweet
For the Salad
- 3-4 bushels of your favorite type of organic kale - I used Lacinato, Purple & Curly
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans chickpeas
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp capers
- juice of 1 or 2 lemons (depends how much you like lemon)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic + 2 cloves for chickpeas-minced
- smoked paprika- for chickpeas*
- water to taste (for proper consistency)
- Prepare the kale by removing the stems and rinsing
- Place kale in large bowl and pour olive oil. Massage olive oil into kale
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare your chickpeas by draining and rinsing and then placing on baking rack, drizzle lightly with coconut oil and mix in minced garlic,
- Roast chickpeas and garlic for 10-15 minutes, turning once and stopping when golden brown.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika*
- Meanwhile, make your dressing by combining all the ingredients into your favorite blender. If you're making a large salad, double or triple the recipe above.
- Drizzle salad dressing into salad and toss evenly.
- Top with roasted chickpeas, and serve!
You can store excess dressing in sealed jar in fridge for one week.
If you like this recipe, share it on Pinterest!
Enter your e-mail address to get more recipes like this delivered right to your inbox monthly: