In honor of National Chocolate Chip Day, I present Jumbo Pumpkin Black Bean Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Seriously, is there a better holiday?
Since I love cookies and my daughter loves cookies, I have to find a way to make them at least reasonably healthy and contain some level of nutrition. Yes, these do contain sugar, but would they be cookies if they didn’t. I think not.
I love baking with beans. I make these ridiculously good garbanzo bean cookies that I haven’t blogged yet, but honestly I think they are better than regular cookies. Plus, you don’t have to feel guilty about eating two. Or three, or four, or five…
- 1 can black beans- rinsed
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ⅓ cup all purpose gluten free flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into food processor and blend until smooth.
- Use spring release ice cream scoop and scoop out dough (will be pretty gooey).
- Add 5-6 chocolate chips to top of cookie
- Bake for 10 minutes
Get the tool I used for this recipe: Ninja Mega Kitchen System.
PIN IT FOR LATER
WANT MORE GREAT IDEAS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER. YOU’LL RECEIVE A WEEKLY RECAP OF ALL OUR RECIPES ON SUNDAYS.