In honor of National Peanut Butter and Jelly day I created this rich and creamy PB & J smoothie that will leave you licking your empty glass. Or maybe I’m just used to my toddler licking any dish containing peanut butter clean. 😉
The smoothie is the perfect combination of sweet, salty & fruity, and leaves you feeling full but not weighed down. And a huge bonus, it’s full of fresh whole foods that are nutrient rich. The smoothie contains fiber +magnesium (rolled oats), heart healthy monounsaturated fats + protein (peanuts), super antioxidant vitamin C (strawberries), vitamin B6 + potassium (banana).
And it only takes a few minutes to blend up!
- ¼ cup all-natural peanut butter- I used chunky non salted
- ½ cup strawberries- fresh or frozen
- 1 banana- frozen
- 1 cup coconut milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- Handful ice
- 2 dates* Optional for added sweetness
- Place ½ cup coconut milk, ½ frozen banana, dates*, rolled oats and half your desired ice into blender.
- Blend on high until all ingredients are fully combined, pour into glass and set aside.
- Clean out blender then take remaining coconut milk, ice and banana and ½ cup strawberries and blend on high until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour strawberry mixture onto of the peanut butter.
- Option to top it off with some roasted peanuts.
And let’s be honest, who doesn’t want another great excuse to celebrate such a wonderful holiday!? #NationalPBJDay for the win! Enjoy 🙂