Jake is a big fan of gin, but typically not a big fan of any drink that resembles any sort of pink hue. This usually means sweet, loaded with sugar (aka not fun the next day).
This Cranberry Citrus Champaign Cocktail might look like a sweet girly drink, but I guarantee you it is not! The combo of these fresh/tart juices shake out to be more a more light and refreshing taste vs an overpowering sip of sugar. The fresh fruits in this drink are a perfect pair with the dry gin and light sweetness of the prosecco. No need to add any sort of sweetener to the drink, the juices and prosecco do it all!
Jake enjoyed the cocktail, but ditched my fancy straw. Hey in my mind, it was a win!
- 1.5 oz Bombay Sapphire Gin ( or gin of choice)
- 1 Orange
- 1 Grapefruit
- 5 cranberries
- 4 oz Champagne or Prosecco
- Put 1 shot (1.5 ounces) of gin into shaker cup then add the juice from grapefruit and orange. (I use a small hand citrus squeezer)
- Muddle cranberries and add to shaker cup
- Add a few ice cubes and shake vigorously and pour into glass.
- Top off with champagne and garish with a few fresh cranberries!