With the time change and promise of warm weather on the horizon, I found myself daydreaming of summer. We have an awesome RV/camping trip in September that we are so excited for and are in the midst of planning… and my favorite part about camping? S’MORES! I mean- adventure, nature, family time AND s’mores 😉
These s’more bites are a fun version that can be made without twigs and a campfire. They are perfectly sized and are much less messy than their big sister (which is good for the little ones consuming inside a house vs out in the wilderness where you can hose them off). And for the adults in the crowd, I highly recommend pairing with a nice a glass of red. So good!
Here’s how you make them:
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ cup- old fashioned graham crackers (about 6 crackers)
- ⅛ cup coconut oil- melted
- ½-3/4 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows- vegan
- 2 TBS coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grind rolled oats, walnuts and graham crackers into coarse flour with food processor or high powered blender- I use the small Ninja attachment.
- Place mixture into a bowl and add the melted coconut, mix until evenly combined and set aside.
- Take your mini muffin tin and line with thin long pieces of parchment paper- see below photo. This makes it easier to remove the bites once they are complete.
- Spoon graham cracker crust mixture evenly between the 12 cups, press down on all sides creating little mini (pie-like) crusts. Making sure you cover all sides and bottom evenly.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Take chocolate chips and coconut milk and place in a small sauce pan over medium/low heat. Continuously stir while chocolate is melting, creating a smooth creamy mixture.
- Once chocolate is completely melted, pour into the graham cracker crust, evenly filling them to the top. *Option to smooth out the top with your finger when it cools, but before it hardens.
- Place marshmallows on foil, or on oven save plate and lightly roast in oven until the tops are golden brown. *I threw mine in our toaster oven for about a minute!
- Put roasted marshmallows on top of melted chocolate, about 3-4 per bite.
- Place in freezer for until the chocolate has completely hardened.
- Remove from freezer and serve immediately. The longer they sit out, the more crumbly the crust will get!
- Please remember they soften as you set them out. Will be very crumbly after being out the the freezer for longer than an hour.
- I love making these ahead of time and having on hand for sweet tooth cravings. They keep well in a freezer proof tupperware, and can be eaten straight from the freezer. No need for thawing!