This amazing “healthy ice-cream” recipe was inspired by PBS’s Daniel Tiger’s neighborhood. Yup, that’s right… a cartoon my friends. My daughter has been obsessed with the thought of making “banana swirl” since she saw it featured in an episode of Daniel Tiger or “Kia-ga” as we like to call him. But, I of course had to jazz his recipe up a bit– because what dessert isn’t made better by adding peanut butter and chocolate? None that I can think of!
The best part, is that it’s really easy to make, it’s dairy-free/kid friendly aaaannnd you don’t have to feel so bad if you end up eating the whole batch– because hey, it’s just some frozen banana’s and almond milk 😉
- 3 bananas- frozen
- ¼ cup all natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Himalayan Salt- dash * optional
- 1-2 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1-2 Tablespoons almond pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened coconut flakes- shaved
- Peel bananas and put in freezer until frozen, at least 4 hours.
- Place frozen bananas into high powered blender or food processor with almond milk, peanut butter and Himalayan salt.
- Blend until smooth
- Place frozen banana mixture into bowl (If sharing, divide evenly into two bowls).
- Top with dark chocolate chips, almond pieces and coconut flakes.
- Eat right away!