Simple ingredients, colorful plate, delicious meal. My kind of recipe!
Veggie Rigatoni with Avocado Alfredo
Recipe type: Dinner, Vegan, Pasta
For The Sauce
- • 1 medium-large avocado
- • 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- • juice of 1 lemon
- • 2 Tablespoons Hemp seeds
- • 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- • dash himalayan salt
- • ½ cup cashews
For The Pasta & Veggies
- • 1 bell pepper
- • 1 head broccoli, chopped
- • 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- • 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- • 1 garlic clove
- Bring 5 cups water to a boil, add pasta, dash salt. Cook for 12-15 minutes to al dente
- While pasta is cooking, chop pepper, broccoli, and mushrooms.
- Sauté veggies on medium with a little coconut oil. Do not overcook - about 5-8 minutes. I prefer my veggies on the crunchier side.
- While veggies are cooking, combine all ingredients for the sauce into a blender or Ninja
- Blend for 30-45 seconds
- Drain pasta and let cool slightly.
- Toss all veggies and sauce together.
* Option to drizzle with olive oil and lemon --> then top with pine nuts and chili flakes. The chili flakes add a nice kick if you like a little spice!
This alfredo sauce is good with just about any pasta or zoodles dish! Tag your creations with #CCKitchen so I can check out what you come up with!