The combination of flavors in this Naan bread version of a pizza, is out of hand delicious. If you’re looking for a sweet and savory snack or appetizer to bring to a party, this is the real deal. The recipe is easy to make, and doesn’t call for any wild ingredients. The sweet, floral, salty, earthy combination is just perfection. But be sure you allow some time when you’re making this, because roasting beets (while easy) takes about an hour. You can prep the rest of your ingredients while they roast in the oven!
- 1 large roasted beet- shaved
- 1 medium-large pear- shaved
- ½ cup cashews- raw
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons raw agave/maple
- 5-8 sprigs fresh thyme
- ¾ cup micro greens
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Whole wheat naan- 5-6 pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 F, place beet- skin on- in foil. Close ends of foil up, making a sort of pouch or pocket.
- Place on a baking sheet; bake until beet is slightly soft to the touch, 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the size.
- Let cool, then rub off skin. Then slice entire beet into thin slices using mandolin. Set aside.
- While beet(s) are cooking you can prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Place ½ cup cashews in hot water for about 20-30 minutes. Then drain and add to food processor with ¼ cup water.
- Add thyme, Himalayan salt and cinnamon in with the cashews and blend on high until mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Wash pear and slice into thin slices using mandoline. Set aside
- Assemble pizza by layering cashew sauce, beets and pear.
- Lay naan bread on foil, spread some cashew cream, add one layer of shaved roasted beets, one layer of shaved pear, then another layer of shaved roasted beets, then pear-- drizzle with maple/agave.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, checking to make sure not to burn bread.
- Remove from heat and let cool, then top with micro greens and slice into pieces using pizza cutter or kitchen sheers.
- Option to add additional Himalayan salt or agave to top!
The layering process goes something like this.
Lay naan bread on foil, spread some cashew cream, add one layer of shaved roasted beets, one layer of shaved pear, then another layer of shaved roasted beets, then pear– drizzle with maple/agave– bake! (See photos below for visual). After about 10-12 minutes in the oven, your pizzas will be ready to take out. Let cool, slice (I use spring release kitchen sheers) and top with micro greens. As long as you don’t bake the pizza with the micro greens on top, you cant really mess it up! It doesn’t have to look perfect, it will still taste bomb 😉